Our club is a non-profit organization dedicated to those who love Spaniels and enjoy training, hunting, and loving these dogs as one of their own.
Our Club History
The Northeast Wisconsin Spaniel Club was formed in the Summer of 1978 by Vince Van Laanen, Pat Fischer, and Fred Neville. In October, the club held its first election of officers in the Green Bay area of Wisconsin. They were President - Vance Van Laanen; Vice-president - Ralph Shelden; Secretary - Janet (Bredael) Fischer; Treasurer - Fred Neville; Directors - Corky Jarstad and Randy Becker.
By May 16, 1981, the club held its first sanctioned field trial in Wautoma at the Wild Rose Farms. On November 6 & 7, 1982 the first licensed field trial was held in the Willow Creek area in Wautoma with Steve Sebestyen and John Whitaker as the judges. First Place went to: Open - Albert Beedie, Jr. with FC AFC Buffer Creek Canyon and Amateur - Corky Jarstad with Baywind's Skeeter.
In 1983, the first US Cocker Field Trials since 1950's was held near Green Bay, Wisconsin. Vance Van Laanen, President of the club, was a great inspiration in renewing interest in this breed after his many visits to England. Due to his great planning, the trial was held on August 20th at South Chase Kennels near Green Bay.
The club held its first sanctioned Hunt Test in 1996 and first licensed Hunt Test on September 12th and 13th, at Fox Ridge Game Farm.
Click Here to view some of the Dog Milestones of the Club